My dad just said: at your age you’ll probably wanna try a lot of things. Boys, girls, being a girl, being a boy, being punk or goth or spunky. And im okay with that. As long as you don’t come home and tell me youre a republican
Three years ago, I first told my story in Marie Claire. Today, I am proud to announce that I am joining the magazine’s editorial team as a Contributing Editor. In my role, I will write for the print and online versions of the magazine, act as a brand ambassador and contribute insight and ideas about culture and beauty, politics and pop culture.
i just got suggested a blog that makes manips of taylor/eleanor does this seem like something i would want??? what does this say about my choices???
i don’t want to psychoanalyze her. what i want is for her to realize that she drew rape and passed it off as desirable sex for teenagers to see and consume. i want her to realize that she drew domestic violence/abuse and called it a relationship/”angst” (which in this sense is meant to be consumed by fandom as a trial/tribulation that may come with a relationship) and intended it to be consumed as positive by teenagers. i want the teenagers who consumed this fan art to realize that it is not acceptable, nor is it desirable or healthy. i don’t care what her motives were for posting the fan art, as long as she realizes that it is wrong, irresponsible, and that it requires an apology and an explanation to fans of her fanart that those images are not romance, love, relationships, or sexy.
It’s so fucked when you lose your glasses like you need them to see so how are you supposed to look for them cause you can’t see shit
you do realize that people don’t turn blind when they don’t have glasses on right? Everything is just a little blurry
Yes thank you I’ve been wearing glasses for 10 years I know how it is when I can’t find mine which is why I made this post
From their announcement:
For various reasons, Bass Coast Festival is banning feathered war bonnets, or anything resembling them, onsite. Our security team will be enforcing this policy.
We understand why people are attracted to war bonnets. They have a magnificent aesthetic. But their spiritual, cultural and aesthetic significance cannot be separated.
Bass Coast Festival takes place on indigenous land and we respect the dignity of aboriginal people. We have consulted with aboriginal people in British Columbia on this issue and we feel our policy aligns with their views and wishes regarding the subject. Their opinion is what matters to us.
“Life’s too short to drink crappy coffee and cry over boys who don’t care.”
— Matty Healy (The 1975)
50 Shades of Grey trailer is out and stylesinaflowercrown and I are inventing a drinking game. So far the rules are:
Take a shot:
- every time BDSM relationships are grossly misrepresented
- every time Christian Grey is just Edward Cullen
- Every time the the film confuses submissive behaviour with low self esteem, a lack of confidence, self belief or self respect. Of if the heroine explains her character flaws through self-deprecating humour. Or if the heroine utters any line with the theme ‘look how shit I am I am so shit’ and then he replies ‘your insecurity is really sexy’.
- every time Grey exhibits serial killer behaviour
- every time Grey says a line that is meant to be intimidating but is just stupid
- every time you laugh when you’re not supposed to
- every time they should show genitals but don’t through clever *cough* camera angles
- every time they symbolically use the colour grey.
- Or the colour red.
to be continued…
Ur gonna die from alcohol poisoning
- Every time time her friends warn her that she’s in an abusive relationship but fail to identify what is specifically wrong with it, thereby demonstrating that the makers of the film are themselves unaware of the problematic content they portray
- if they include that scene in the bathroom with the tampon (take as many shots as necessary)
- Every time she stutters like Bella Swan, tucks her hair behind her ears like Bella Swan or is in any way, shape or form Bella Swan
- Every time they use clunky dialogue or unnecessary montages to demonstrate how rich he is
- Every time you identify with one of the disapproving minor characters more than with either her or Christian Grey
- Every time they stare at one another for a creepily long time
ANY time they make any vague reference to Ana’s “inner goddess”